|DodgeRam.org > Main > Diesel Index > 2nd Gen Maint > Fuel Solenoid adjustment|
1994-98 Ram Diesel Fuel Shutdown Solenoid
Adjustment if you replace the solenoid or are have starting/idling problems
To check the fuel solenoid adjustment:
1. Turn the key on but do not bump the starter
2. Get under hood and pull up the solenoid by hand (it will stay up when you let go).
3. Measure from the bottom of the solenoid mounting bracket to the top of the lever pin as shown in the diagram below.
4. The distance should measure 2.64 inches (slightly longer than 2-5/8" on standard tape).
5. If its not close, loosen the locknut on the solenoid shaft and turn the adjustment nut to get the correct distance.
Last Update: April 24, 2002