The new 2002 Ram 1500
This Ram 1500 4 door debues for the 2002 model year
2500 and 3500 models will be introduced for the 2003 M.Y.
2002 Photo gallery - a collection of
2002 Ram photos
sent by readers and gathered from the web.
|| This 2003 3500 Sport preview photo
was receivied from Gail Brittingham
- 3.7-LITER, SOHC, 12-VALVE SMPI V-6
- 4.7-LITER MAGNUM®, SOHC,
12-VALVE SMPI V-8
- 5.9-LITER MAGNUM®, OHV, SMPI V-8
- NV 3500 - MANUAL, FIVE-SPEED OVERDRIVE
- 45RFE-AUTOMATIC, MULTI-SPEED OVERDRIVE
- 46RE-AUTOMATIC, FOUR-SPEED OVERDRIVE
- Ram 1500 - Independant suspension for 2WD and 4WD
- Ram 2500, 3500 will retain the solid beam axle
2002 Photo gallery - collection of 2002
Ram photos sent by readers and gathered from the web.
Other sites with 2002+ information:
Jim Julow, Vice President, Dodge Global Brand Center said of the
new Ram: "With the all-new 2002 Ram 1500, we amplified the 'Ram Package' in
every conceivable way, making it more comfortable, roomier, quieter and more
user-friendly. We did all this while improving power and capability, two hallmarks
of Ram since its distinctive redesign eight years ago."
"We knew we had something special with the 1994 Ram, but even
we didn't expect the overwhelming customer acceptance to come so quickly," said
Rich Schaum, Executive Vice President, Product Development.
All-New Design Takes "The Ram Package" One Step Further. The result
is a new truck from top to bottom that is more fuel efficient, quieter, handles
better and delivers even more comfort and convenience. The new Ram's features
- A bold, new exterior design that amplifies the signature brawny Ram look,
while refining it for reduced wind noise and improved cooling and aerodynamics.
- Two new next-generation Magnum engines that are more powerful and fuel efficient
than the engines they replace.
- A new 45RFE automatic transmission that is smoother and more responsive.
- Redesigned Regular and Quad Cab interiors that are even larger and more
- New body architecture featuring a hydroformed front structure.
- An ingenious rear storage and seating system in the Quad Cab that serves
work and passenger carrying capability equally.
- A totally redesigned chassis and suspension that optimizes ride quality,
quietness, towing capability and durability.
- The largest brakes in the class.
Some of the features appearing in the rumor
From the Buzz:
Extendable Tailgate features a second section nested into the bed
side of the main tailgate. When the tailgate is open, this section
can be opened up to a 90-degree angle to retain items longer than
the regular bed (see fig. 4), or it can
open to 180 degrees to support longer items (see
From the Buzz
2/17/00 : Allison
1000 Series TM 5-speed Automatic Transmission is electronically-controlled
with TC lockup, overdrive and dual power take-off drives. Ratings:
19,850 lbs. GVW, 26,000 lbs. GCVW, 545 lb-ft gross torque and 375
The Hemi returns.
Chrysler will produce an all-new 5.7L (353 cu. in.) and 6.2L Hemi
V-8 engines, beginning in 2003, to replace the 5.9L V-8 used in
Dodge trucks and the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The reborn Hemi will wear
aluminum cylinder heads to reduce mass. It will have two spark plugs
per cylinder, to increase flame propagation, speed combustion and
reduce emissions. And to boost fuel economy, the engine will feature
a cylinder deactivation system for steady-state driving.
Originally scheduled for late 2001 release, the engines were delayed
due to technical problems with the block.
Previous speculation, and concepts introduced